Sunday, December 9, 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Crushin' on Crush


Hello folks!  Happy weekend everyone.  I've been crushing on yet another Revlon Balm stain.  I already have 3 shades ( charm, cherish, honey ). And now I have Crush!  Oooh how I love this shade.
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Crush


Crush has a deep berry shade that exudes that vampy appeal. This is actually the second to the darkest shade in the Just Bitten Line.  What I love about this shade is that even though it has a deep tone, I don't think that this intensifies my look at all.  It imparts a subtle sexiness to my puckers.  Do not be intimidated by the dark berry color because the effect is much more soft on the lips.

Freshly applied .
The color pay off is more subtle on the lips. Do not be intimidated by the deep berry color



These balm stains' claim to fame is that they really leave somehow an indelible stain on the lips.  And stain they do! Even though  I have already eaten lunch, this was how my lips looked like 4 hours after applying it.  It softened into a somehow soft coral shade. 

4 hours after initial application and no touch ups in between.
Color changed to a soft coral tone after 4 hours.


As with my 3 previous Revlon Kissable Stain hauls (Charm, Cherish, Honey), this one did not disappoint.  It took me 2 weeks to decide if I really wanted this or not.  I was iffy to get it at first because I got intimidated by the color in the tube. 

I am glad that I finally got it.  I am getting more value for my money because it seems as if I am getting two shades in one tube as the color changes as it stays on the lips.  As for the balminess of this, it disappears after 15 to 30 mins.  All Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains have that minty feel that lingers for about 10 mins.  After it disappears, I just slather mint chapstick on my lips and I'm good to go.  Another good thing about this is that the stain does not settle on the lines and cracks of my lips

I also like that I can highlight my eyes without looking like a drag queen in this lip stain.  I can still apply mascara and emphasize my brows because the deep berry shade is really subtle on the lips.  On the other hand, if I'm running late for work, I can get away with just foundation and this lip stain.  

The only con I can think about this is that if you have cracked and chapped lips, this color will emphasize them.  What I do is I gently exfoliate my lips prior to using this using a toothbrush.  Oh, you also need to make sure that you apply in the inner corner of your lips so you won't end up with an uneven color.

This lippie is definitely a keeper. I'm thinking of getting more shades soon.  I'd love to try out the orange shade in Rendezvous.


Holy Grail Verdict:

Effectiveness: 5/5 (I wish the balmy finish would last longer but the color pay off of this stain makes up for it)
Price: 4/5
Availability: 5/5  I'm starting to see this and the other shades back on several Revlon Counters




5 comments:

  1. I have this and I love it too!! :) Smitten naman yung color na nakuha ko! I wanna get this one rin, it looks really nice on you! Its cheaper to get on the web though kase 300 lang siya compared to counters na 500+ :(

    followed you dear!

    ♥,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW I answered your question in my blog regarding the BDJ box!

      Delete
  2. sharina thnk u very much for dropping by again u inspire mo to continue wat i love doin. thnx for the tip do u have any recommended websites that i can order these from? i wanna get the entire line at ang revlon ayaw p magsale nito! im watching youtube vids nga of black friday hauls and im drooling cause they got these lip stains on a promo mga buy one get one yata, why wont d philippines havedat kind of sale? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. This review is really great! Very well written, helpful and totally informative. I will try to get a hold of this Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain coz I'm a lippy person and I love Revlon products. By the way, when you get the chance, please drop by my blog too. Thanks!

    xoxo,
    Becca
    thelatebloomer11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @becca thnk u bery much dear for ur sweet comment , ill drop by ur blog too

    ReplyDelete