Monday, March 25, 2013

Lost and Found - BDJ Beauty Social Loot Bag

Last Sunday, March 24, 2013, Belle De Jour Box held its first ever Beauty Social at the SM Mall of Asia Atrium.  I got to score fabulous items and meet cool people like fellow bloggers, beauty enthusiasts and experts!

I kept on gushing to my BF how happy I am during these events.  I feel like I'm in my element heeheh.  Makeup, Fashion and Beauty are my stress relievers and energizers.  I was excited and ecstatic during this event as the day was really jam packed with activities.  



Here I am working the Pink Carpet! Love love love! 

Pose Galore! Do I look like I need to pee?

Good thing Genzel saw me as I am naturally shy to chat up with my seatmates hehehe.
I chatted up Joey of SadakoBear about hair.  Would you believe this lady is already 42 years old?  We're curl buddies!  

I got a free make over from Shiseido
Quick and Free Nail Art
Free Upper Lip Threading - It was my first time and it hurt



I will unabashedly say that one of the reasons I go to events (hehehe I get to score invites na!) is because I'd love to try different products.  There is almost always a loot bag during these events!  And I must say that BDJ Beauty Social loot bag was brimming with goodies!

Loot Bag Includes: Women's Health Magazine, Physiogel Items, Revlon Custom Eyes Mascara, Fashbook  Pouch, L''oreal Shampoo and Conditioner Sachets, Pantene Sachets.  There were also free services like: Free Make Over from Shiseido, Upper Lip Threading from the Browhaus.  My photo was also taken by a professional during the event.   The Leg Love Stockings and Goody Hair Piece were items I scored for asking questions during the talks.


Imagine my horror when I lost my loot bag.  I alighted the taxi on my way to Subic ( I go home every weekend) when I realized that my loot bag was gone.  I could still see the cab but because of the hard rain, I was not able to run after it anymore.  Panic was the first emotion that hit me, then the justification that I would not probably use any of the items in the loot bag anyway.  Here are actually the things I realized from that eexperience:

  • It pays to pay attention to the plate number and operator of the cab you'll be riding - My BF has always been mindful of these things.  It was a good thing he was able to note the plate number and remember the body color of the cab. 
  • I am willing to fork around 1800 Php for a pressed powder - The moment i realized my loot bag was gone, I made the resolve to compensate for that by indulging in Shiseido powder.  I felt that the purchase can be justified since I just lost something.  Crazy I know.  Update:  As it turns out, I  was not resolved enough to spend that much on a make up.  I ended up buying the drugstore sister brand of Shiseido: Majolica Majorca.
  • Good Karma happens - My BF once found a celphone inside a cab and he returned it rightfully to its owner.  His good karma rubbed off on me.
  • I have good intuition - I was sad and panicked when I learned that I lost my loot.  However, I knew that I would retrieve it.  I just knew it. 
  • My faith in humanity has been restored - EMP cab operators and drivers, I salute you!  Thank you for keeping my loot bag safe.  
  • Before alighting the cab, check and see if you have left any of your belongings inside -Duh, this goes without saying but apparently, I have not been consistent
  • I'm a hoarder - I'm not really sure if I'd be able to use all the things given to me, but I still felt sad about almost losing them just because.
Indeed, it was a whirlwind of emotions for me that day!  It was a long and tiring day for me but I'm still glad it ended well.

2 comments:

  1. awww... nagkatabi tayo sa 2nd talk...

    yeah, it pays to take note the plate number

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sis dbko man namalayan hahahah.

    ReplyDelete