Monday, March 11, 2013

Happy 5th Birthday Project Vanity

Hullo friends! I'm back!!!! I have not posted anything for a long time as I've been busy with work.  Also, to be honest, I grew lazy and lost my mojo.  I didn't want to resume writing just so I could post something.

I finally got my mojo back when I learned that I was one of the 40 invited guests of Liz Lanuzo of Project Vanity  to celebrate her blog's 5th Birthday.  I literally jumped for joy when I found out about this as this would be the first blogger's event that I have been invited to.

It was held at the Beauty Bar, The Fort High Street on March 9.  The event was brimming with beauty and fun! I got to meet cool people like other bloggers, Ms. Nelly See of PinkBox accessories, Cheryl Tan of K-Palette make up and Tita K of Live, Love, Lol.

Miss Liz did a demo of easy but high impact make up on her beautiful accomplice, Den.  Miss Nelly shared how she started her she started Pinkbox.  Cheryl Chuaenlightened us how an umbrella paved the way for K Palette here in the Philippines.  These indeed are very inspiring ladies. Talk about Girl Power. This is also timely since March is Women's Month.

I was actually surprised that when I introduced myself to Liz, she even remembers my last name.  Probably because I am always badgering her, hahaha!  But seriously, I love how she mingled with all of her guests.  She even complimented me on the blackness of my hair.  If you know me, you know no one ever compliments me on my hair.  Thank you Liz for seeing the beauty in your humble follower.

Left: Liz of ProjectVanity
Right: Tita K (the one wearing the "bulalo necklacee), Nelly  See (in fuchsia top).

Here are some snippets from the event.  Guests were treated to a makeup demonstration by Mis Liz featuring products from Fairy Drops and K Palette.  Snaps, Liz's furry friend also joined in the fun!

I was delighted to meet other bloggers too.   I got to meet the Beauty Junkee whose blog I've been stalking for quite some time now.


Top Left: Martha Sta. Barbara of The Beauty Junkee
Top Right: Alex Lapa of ReluctantjStylista
Bottom Left: Genzel of GenzelKisses
Bottom Right: Mariana Bantug of The Beauty Bee


Project Vanity was kind enough to give a loot bag to my non blogger friend (The one in black).
Not only was this an event of beauty, but this was also a celebration of passion.  Miss Nelly, Chris and Liz all share the common trait of perseverance and going after their heart's desire.   I could only hope that I can be half as successful as they are.




3 comments: