|Melissa Shoes and Curlformers - My Past Obsessions!|
Here are the symptoms:
1) Online Exposure - I get my lemmings from my various innocent forays through blogs. I would aimlessly browse through different beauty blogs and if something tickles my fancy, the tiny niggling sensation would begin. I got obsessed with curlformers when I learned about it from Curlynikki.com.
2) The Itch - When I learned about Curlformers, I got intrigued by how it promised to curl hair without heat! I was thinking that it could be a fix for my frizzy ends. There was niggling feeling within me to find out more about the product . I literally spent like 2 hours a day thinking of where I can purchase these as they were not sold here in the Philippies.
3) The Stalking - I know that I like a product well enough if I begin stalking review sites and blogs about it. During my early stage of addiction to Melissa shoes, I would spend 4 hours a day looking at various photos and reviews about them. I would also drop by Trinoma or Rustan's just to fit a pair! The stalking stage was when I lost most hours of sleep.
4) The Justification - I would not spend 1000 Php on make up but would not bat an eyelash forking over 5000 Php for shoes! And that exactly how I justified my used to be lucrative Melissa shoes obsession.
5) Desperation - I was desperate enough to get my hands on original Curlformers that I even considered borrowing or applying for my own credit card just to be able to order it online offshore. Imagine that! I was also almost desperate to nab the then latest Melissa Patchuli Floc that I would lose sleep just trying to scour through different malls even if I still had to go to work that day.
6) Conscientious Purchase - One thing that I'm really proud of about myself is that I'm not an impulsive shopper. If I see something that I like, I would sleep over it first. If it's below 500 Php, then I just sleep over it for a day. If it's really expensive like 4000 Php for shoes, I'd think it over for a minimum of a week. If I still find myself lemming for that item, I would definitely purchase it. I also make sure to check out different stores first before buying. This is why I hate shopping in Mall Of Asia because the mall is too big for me to shop around in!
Now that I know the symptoms, of course I also know the cure. Just like with all medical conditions, prevention is still better than cure. To prevent my mind from lemming about something, if I know that payday is still days away, I stay away from shops and beauty blogs.