|Random spots at the salon. Look how fab and relaxing this place is!|
The experience was nice. I went there at around 1PM and was instantly offered their signature red iced tea to start with. Then I was lead to my chair where all the magic would happen. I was then lead to the shampoo area so that Miss Monette (my stylist and creative director at the salon) could assess my strands.
After washing and blowdrying my hair, it was determined that my tresses are too weak to handle the rebonding treatment so I had to have L'Oreal Inner Logic treatment done first. It's something that would help ease my cuticles into receiving the strong treatment from the rebonding after. This treatment was left on my hair for around 20 mins.
|L'oreal Inner Logic Treatment was left on my hair for 20 mins to prep it for the rebonding treatment|
After this, the L'oreal Extenso Moisturist cream was applied to my hair in 3 different strengths. At the root of my hair, Miss Monette applied the extra strength solution as my kinks are there and the roots are really resistant.
|EX L'oreal Extenso Moisturist for my resistant roots|
The middle of the hair received the cream for Natural hair.
|L'oreal N Xtenso Moisturist for Natural Hair was applied to the middle of my hair|
The colored ends of my mane got the one for Sensitized Hair.
|L'oreal Xtenso Moisturist N for my sensitized ends|
It was left for about 20 Mins and then I was off to the shampoo area again to have it rinsed off.
|The smoothening creamms were left on my hair for about 20 mins. My hair was cling wrapped while sitting under the futuristic looking heater to prevent moisture from escaping|
Ok, now comes the most arthritis inducing part:
Once my hair has been dried carefully, Miss Monette then straightened it using a flat iron. Oh how I pity her as she had to go through my very this mop of hair. I appreciate the fact that she took her time in ironing those strands. I could really see that she was only ironing sections of my hair which are paper thin. Other salons would grab a fistful (!?) of hair all at once to breeze through the straightening process.
Finally, after around 3 hours (could not really remember how long it was for) of straightening it, color was applied to my hair. Miss Monette chose a dark shade for my locks. I must say that after washing it, I was not happy with the color as people are used to seeing me with light hair. However, she explained to me that the color was used to fill in the cuticles of my hair to "fatten" the strands. My hair would not be able to take anything of light color at that moment.
After this, a hefty and generous dose of Neutralizer was applied. Miss Monette emphasized that she was not scrimping on the neutralizer as my hair needed it.
Hair was then rinsed off and dried. It was flat ironed again for the last time. But this time, it only took around 15 mins to do it since the strands are already flat.
|Everytime my hair is washed, Chris would always ask if I'm stiing comfortably. I love how he does not scratch my scalp at all!|
|My hair after the process. Notice how full bodied it is. I am also being flanked by Chris (the master blower) at the left and Miss Monette (the hair master and L'oreal Creative Director herself) at the right.|
Here are my thoughts:
* I love how my hair did not feel rubbery, stretchy and frizzy after I've washed my hair for the first time. I guess the application of 3 smoothening creams in different strengths made this difference. My rebonding treatments from before would only have the smoothening cream applied to the regrowth. However, even if it was only concentrated there, it would still drip down to the middle and ends of my hair. This caused my hair to get fried!
* My hair is still frizzy after washing it. However, I have already expected this. However, comparing this to my previous treatments, it was definitely less frizzy. I would expect the frizz to abate after a few more washes.
* I love how they did not blow my hair into epic proportions! They blow dried my hair without causing it to poof so much. I never liked it when people stare at my hair while being dried.
* I love Miss Monette's sense of ownership on my hair. Wahahaha she did not even let Chris (the master blower cum assistant) touch it during the critical stages.
* I love how Miss Monette looked after my hair even after I have already left the salon. She replied when I texted her the following day that my hair got messed up and frizzy during sleep.
* I love how Miss Monette gave me a Kerastase follow up treatment for free. She said that if my hair gets frizzy, she'll give me one. She got really challenged by my hair.
* I do not love how I ended up with a darker color. However, I'm not going to tear my hair out because of this. I'm planning to come back there sometime this February to have my hair colored.
* I do not love how the regular price of this treatment goes for. I got this treatment for a discounted price of 3200 Php because they're having a promo. But the regular price is really about 6000Php to 7000 Php.
Speaking of price, this salon treatment set me back by around 6000 Php because of the Pure Logic and Hair Color treatments.