Tuesday, April 9, 2013

GIGA Tea Tree Oil Review

Hi Guys! I may have been absent from blogging but what have not been absent from my life are my zits.  Oh shouldn't I have been left alone by these buggers years ago?  Blame it on the genes.

I have tried many as in many acne treatments.  My latest acne treatment foray is the Tea Tree Oil from GIGA.  The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil has been buzzing the beauty industry for years now.  I tried GIGA Tea Tree Oil as it was a cheaper alternative.  The derma I consulted last week also advised me to steer clear of my usual first aid for acne - salicylic acid.  She said my skin was thinning as evident in the peeling and reddening.

GIGA Tea Tree Oil


It says on the bottle that this is not a cosmetic.   Errrr, I use this on my zits


The bottle has a stopper that prevents the oil from spilling.


Tea Tree Oil is said to have anti bacterial and antiseptic properties.  These characteristics make tea tree oil a good remedy for acne and blemishes.

How I use it.

Acne Remedy - I put 3 drops of this oil on a teeny tiny piece of cotton.  I then leave it and press it on my zits.  Please note that this imparts a very strong scent.  Some may find the camphor scent overpowering.  Not me since I love  tea tree scent.  It also has a bit of heating effect alleviating the itch that I usually get from fresh zits. I leave the cotton the zit for about 30 minutes. I just make sure to soak it really well so it does not fall off my face.

I put 2 to 3 drops of this on a cotton. I then put the cotton on top of my zits and apply sheer pressure on it to allow the product to seep through the cotton.

Body Wash - I also pour 3 drops of this on my washcloth mixed with liquid soap or body wash.  This gives me that tingly feeling that's perfect for this scorching summer.

Facial Wash - After lathering soap in my hands, I put 2 drops of this then wash my face. I just make sure to close my eyes while washing as it would sting once it gets in your eyes.

Holy Grail Verdict:

Effectiveness: 3/5.  It does not totally dry my zits.  However, it flattens them just a teeny bit.  I find that flattening the zits relieves me of the itch from fresh blemishes.

Availability: 3/5.  This is available in all Giga and Sesou outlets. To those wondering, GIGA stands for God Is Good Always :-)

Price: 5/5.  This small bottle costs around 150 Php.

What's your experience with tea tree oils?



9 comments:

  1. Ooh, it costs the same as a bottle of Zen Zest's tea tree oil, although the one from Zen Zest has more oil at 15mL. Tea tree oil works quite well on my zits; they dry up in just a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I read your blogs like every week. Your writing style is awesome, keep it up!


    Also visit my web site; laptops under 300

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check out my post for the details! Please link back to me when you've answered the questions. I'd love to read them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a bottle of Tea Tree Oil is a must-have in every girl's skincare closet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check out how Tea Tree Oil is effective for skin by simple clicking on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes this is so effective to me super yung bacne ko before but hinaluan ko sya ng apple cider super baho. hahaha that product is also available in goods.ph php160 sya dito pero kasi that time nag daily sale kaya binili ko lang 2 bottle 120 lang isa so mas mura hehehe mga 2 months plus lang super onti na bacne ko

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tea Tree Oil is not only good for acne and zits, it can also cure Pearly Penile Papules. For those who doesn't know, Pearly Penile Papules are small dome-shaped to filiform skin-colored papules that typically are located on the sulcus or corona of the male genital(Penis).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anyone have tried it na ihalo sa shampoo nyo girls? I'm experiencing severe dandruff kaya binili ko ito to test its effectiveness. Haven't tried it yet kasi I read a lot over the internet na it can cause irritation.

    ReplyDelete